Built in 1914 for the royal emcee W. von Hardt, the Villa Kellermann stands for a hundred years of german and Potsdam history. During the Weimar Republic, the house belonged to the jewish banker Emil Wittenberg. He was expropriated by the national socialists and the command of the Wehrmacht moved into the villa. After 1945, the cultural association of the GDR took over the property, which was named after the writer Bernhard Kellermann. From 1990 to 2009, the beletage was already used as a restaurant, later the villa was largely empty. With its reopening we hope to have created a warm, welcoming venue for family get-togethers, relish delights and glittering parties.